Infinite Palette
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What inspires your arts?

+2
Magiciandude
Maluck
6 posters

Go down

What inspires your arts? Empty What inspires your arts?

Post  Maluck Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:49 am

I want to hear from everyone (at the current time there are 0 other people on this forum... so I am literally talking to myself)

what inspires a lot of your work? where do you get your ideas, and what is your general process for coming up with them.

tell me or don't, just please say something, i'm getting lonely in here all alone Sad

Last edited by Maluck on Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Maluck
Maluck
Admin

https://infinitepalette.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What inspires your arts? Empty Re: What inspires your arts?

Post  Magiciandude Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:30 pm

I am inspired by watching other people's works. I love good stories.

Random ideas also hit me quite frequently, and I just write them down. They can be really simple or really elaborate. I love the simple ones because they have room to grow into more complex stories with a simple, understandable basis.

Yay, now you're not lonely! cheers

How's it going, Matt?

-Chris
Magiciandude
Magiciandude

Back to top Go down

What inspires your arts? Empty It's all in the wrists

Post  Orlious Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:32 pm

Well I dunno.
For my comics, I usually just get a general idea of where the story's going and then I make it up as I go.
It's worked so far. People have actually complimented me on my story-telling. I laugh really hard.

Sometimes what I draw depends on my mood and by extension, the music I'm listening to.
It's hard to draw a happy smiling woodland critter when your mind is on how your little brother saved over your game file.
Or draw a crazy action scene when you have The Shins playing.
Orlious
Orlious

http://orlious.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Maluck Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:36 pm

yea I am inspired by music a lot too, a lot fo the stuff I do is inspired by movies or by dreams i've had...

I also like to draw from 'draw as in get ideas from, not physically draw' from past military histories, soldiers, stuff like that... a lot of the stuff I draw wouldn't look out of place in a WWII environment, despite the fact that I set it in the future
Maluck
Maluck
Admin

https://infinitepalette.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cellulum Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:40 pm

As of late, my greatest inspirations have come from spectacular comic art (Johnny Romita Jr's work on "Kick-Ass," holy shit and wow), and I've been picking alot from dreams lately. Horror art, like Giger's stuff has popped up in my mind lately too.

Cellulum

Back to top Go down

Post  AlYo Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:24 pm

I take a lot of inspiration from historical stuff too, Matt. LOVE me some WWII. I like the industrial revolution lots too. I wish I'd paid more attention in history class in middle and high school. I come up with my best story ideas by walking around my kitchen in circles. When I walk around I feel like it just helps my mind wonder and sometimes I get good stuff (like a great story) and sometimes I don't (like whatever is on my mind that day) and sometimes I get good but un-useful stuff (like when I get into philosophy mode). I find other people's work inspiring but I can't bring myself to copy it so I'll either get inspired to go sit in a corner until I think of something I can do or just geek out about the work for a long time. I should just draw. That's my problem right now. I just need to do stuff and stop thinking so much about it. I don't have anything to show for my existence <angst>.
AlYo
AlYo

Back to top Go down

Post  WirtSalthouse Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:03 pm

I like the notion of just taking two separate ideas and mashing them together, particulary if one of those ideas is "In Space".
WirtSalthouse
WirtSalthouse

http://invisiblespaceship.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Orlious Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:09 pm

Holy coolness! Eric's here!
Orlious
Orlious

http://orlious.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down