Infinite Palette
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Folea WIP Art Battle 1 - "Behold the Arrival of the nonthreatening invaders"

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chris Folea WIP Art Battle 1 - "Behold the Arrival of the nonthreatening invaders" Empty Chris Folea WIP Art Battle 1 - "Behold the Arrival of the nonthreatening invaders"

Post  Magiciandude Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:51 pm

This is my take on the prompt.
This is my general composition idea. Let me know what you think of the general layout/concept!

I figured fish aren't very threatening Very Happy

The scale and amount of fish are bound to change...this is just the concept and general composition...

Chris Folea WIP Art Battle 1 - "Behold the Arrival of the nonthreatening invaders" Mockup

(Obviously the fish will have cartoony expressions, etc when done)

Again...comments, criticisms, etc...greatly appreciated!
Magiciandude
Magiciandude

Back to top Go down

Chris Folea WIP Art Battle 1 - "Behold the Arrival of the nonthreatening invaders" Empty Re: Chris Folea WIP Art Battle 1 - "Behold the Arrival of the nonthreatening invaders"

Post  Maluck Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:57 pm

give the fish knives >Very Happy

srs note, this looks pretty cool, well within the bounds of the prompt... keep up the good work
Maluck
Maluck
Admin

https://infinitepalette.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Chris Folea WIP Art Battle 1 - "Behold the Arrival of the nonthreatening invaders" Empty Re: Chris Folea WIP Art Battle 1 - "Behold the Arrival of the nonthreatening invaders"

Post  Magiciandude Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:32 pm

Got a start on the fish...now off to play Murder in the Dark at a friends house! Very Happy

Chris Folea WIP Art Battle 1 - "Behold the Arrival of the nonthreatening invaders" FishStart
Magiciandude
Magiciandude

Back to top Go down

Post  Magiciandude Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:32 pm

Here's more progress on the fish:

Chris Folea WIP Art Battle 1 - "Behold the Arrival of the nonthreatening invaders" Fishmodel

It's going to be very stylized and colorful when done.

Let me know what you think!
Magiciandude
Magiciandude

Back to top Go down

Post  andysimo Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:50 pm

why is the tongue gone?! I had a much better laugh at the original orgasm/perv face of the fish.
I do like their style and the derpy look.
andysimo
andysimo

Back to top Go down

Post  Magiciandude Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:54 pm

Oh! I fully intend on adding the tongue back!
This fish was just remade from the ground up, so I haven't added that yet...

Thanks, though! I appreciate it!
Magiciandude
Magiciandude

Back to top Go down

Post  Magiciandude Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:18 am

Hey everyone,

I have decided that I'm not going to enter these art battles until I make a more significant amount of progress on my short film.

Good luck this week!

-Chris
Magiciandude
Magiciandude

Back to top Go down

Post  Maluck Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:37 am

Sad

well at least post how far you've gotten as your entry... who knows, you could win
Maluck
Maluck
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Magiciandude Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:38 am

That fish is it...haha...

I mean...if I find the time, I'll add to it...

I just don't think I'll have time. This week has been a bit...hectic...to say the least...
Magiciandude
Magiciandude

Back to top Go down

Chris Folea WIP Art Battle 1 - "Behold the Arrival of the nonthreatening invaders" Empty Well that sucks...

Post  Orlious Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:57 pm

That's too bad, yours was showing a lot of promise, and I was really excited to see how it'd end up.

I guess I shouldn't talk, seeing as I haven't really gotten anything off the ground in regards to mine. Something will undoubtably come to me at some point between today and tomorrow.
Orlious
Orlious

http://orlious.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Maluck Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:14 pm

you'd better get started soon orlando!
Maluck
Maluck
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Magiciandude Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:38 pm

So I found some time during my lunch break today and worked on the building.

Chris Folea WIP Art Battle 1 - "Behold the Arrival of the nonthreatening invaders" SceneWIP1

I guess I'll at least submit what I have done if I don't get any further...
Magiciandude
Magiciandude

Back to top Go down

Post  Maluck Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:45 pm

that cabin is fantastic
Maluck
Maluck
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Orlious Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:08 pm

Agreed.
Dude, it's awesome you managed to do some more of this piece.
I really dig the stylistic cabin. It really... wow.
I mean, well, I can't honestly say I can model that. Or the fish, really.
Keep up the awesome work! Very Happy
Orlious
Orlious

Back to top Go down

Post  Magiciandude Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:32 am

Going to try to finish this off tonight.

Going to keep the textures simple, but I'll probably make some sort of wood texture in photoshop for the cabin.

Now I've just gotta add more fish, finish texturing, and add a tree Very Happy

Chris Folea WIP Art Battle 1 - "Behold the Arrival of the nonthreatening invaders" SceneWIP2
Magiciandude
Magiciandude

Back to top Go down

Post  andysimo Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:58 am

This
is my new desktop background.
Please sign it.
andysimo
andysimo

Back to top Go down

Post  Orlious Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:11 am

How can I possibly describe this piece without saying the word "awesome" after every two words?
Orlious
Orlious

Back to top Go down

Post  AlYo Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:51 pm

I'm not cool enough to hang out with you. Basically. Great work, man. Army of two! Good luck with whatever else is in your life. Don't get too stressed out.
AlYo
AlYo

Back to top Go down

Post  Magiciandude Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:29 pm

It's getting there.
I decided I'm not going to add a wood texture to the cabin. I like it colored how it is.

Now I think I need to play around with the fish positioning...other than that...it's pretty close to done...

What do you all think?

Chris Folea WIP Art Battle 1 - "Behold the Arrival of the nonthreatening invaders" SceneWIP3
Magiciandude
Magiciandude

Back to top Go down

Post  AlYo Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:32 pm

AMAZING! I love your use of color. I feel like you should have some fish further in the background so it's not like they're all jumping out of that one area. Also a splash or water running off them would be cool to make it look like they're not just flying but do what you can. I think at this point you already win.
AlYo
AlYo

Back to top Go down

Post  Orlious Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:12 pm

Gosh, yeah, this is awesome!
I especially love that one fish flopping on the ground there.
The trees and the rock look great. They really go with the cabin, there.

I agree with the previous statement, claiming you require some splashes and some different, further back fish. It would add a lot, but it's already pretty awesome as it is.
Orlious
Orlious

Back to top Go down

Post  Magiciandude Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:14 pm

Thanks for the comments! I appreciate it.

As far as splashing goes, I really wanted to have some splashes, but I need to figure out the best way to do that. My first attempt was a total failure.

Further back fish...hm...I'll see what I can do...I kind of like the 2d nature of the 3d image, but I'll play with it!

Thanks for the input!
-Chris
Magiciandude
Magiciandude

Back to top Go down

Post  Maluck Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:15 pm

I just realized... those fish are HUGE

fish that large would most certainly be threatening to see

DISQUALIFIED

just kidding, this however looks great. I agree with the splashes and the farther back fish and have 1 more request, a wood texture on the cabin Very Happy
Maluck
Maluck
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Magiciandude Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:19 pm

WOW You really scared me for a second there, Matt haha...

I'll see what I can do about all of that stuff...but for now I really need to make progress on my short film haha...
Magiciandude
Magiciandude

Back to top Go down

Post  Maluck Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:44 pm

I probably wouldn't disqualify something even if it was very threatening XD... this is just for fun

if we eventually get a lot of people on this forum maybe one day we could do a contest with a prize.. .then I will actually care about the content of submissions XD

and this looks great especially for something youve only done in the spare time between your short
Maluck
Maluck
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next